Tuesday 31 December 2013

Happy New Year!

It is New Year's Eve and I remain in a quandary over which armies to take to Cancon at the end of next month.

One of my objectives for wargaming in 2014 is to become more competitive playing DBA.  Presenting as if I was a 'baby seal' for other competitors to club, virtually at will, is no longer an option!

What I need to do first, is get back to basics and re-read the rule book.  Next, I will need to play the game more frequently!  This year, I think I managed to get ten games of DBA in, eight of those were at Cancon last January.  Is there little wonder I fail to perform competitively when I lack a good understanding of the rules developed through match play.

The second step is to select two armies, one for each day, that will provide me tactical versatility.  This is the step which is causing me some concern.  Previously, I had selected my armies based on what new figures I wanted to paint or had purchased!  I'll leave that selection criterion to the more experienced players.

I am fortunate enough to possess a large number of armies, both painted and unpainted.  The disadvantage is a lot of these armies were purchased based figure selection, rather than playability.

I need to decide which two armies I will be taking by the end of this week.

Have a happy, safe and productive New Year!

    


No comments:

Post a Comment