Tuesday 17 December 2013

Mining commences

Whilst awaiting the delivery of my recent eBay DBA book IV purchases, I started to identify projects which will produce completed DBA armies in a short turn around.  So far, I have on my painting desk six DBA book I armies!

Three of these armies came into my possession as a result of an eBay purchase from about four years ago.  A gamer in the UK off loaded about five incomplete book 1 armies in one lot.  The armies were incomplete by DBA 2.2 standards.  I think they were used under DBA 1 rules.

These three armies (I/18 Minoan & Early Mycenaean, I/24 Hittite Empire and I/22 New Kingdom Egyptian) were the easiest to finish as each required re-basing and the addition of a dozen figures in total.  I am just getting around to doing that now.

The other two armies required more work and have been left to the side for the interim.  However, one army has been the source of a camel contingent.

I am also re-basing a I/25 Middle Assyrian & Early Neo Assyrian army, again obtained from another eBay purchase, as well as a I/53 Saitic Egyptian army.  Both only needed re-basing.

The last of this group of six is a partially painted I/6c Early Bedouin army which was to be used at MOAB this year.  It's half painted so shouldn't take that long to finish as the camel contingent is already painted.



      

No comments:

Post a Comment